Everything was going great until you showed up. You see me across the crowded room, make your way over, and start talking at me. And you don’t stop.
You are a Democrat, an outspoken atheist, and a foodie. You like to say “Science!” in a weird, self-congratulatory way. You wear jeans during the day, and fancy jeans at night. You listen to music featuring wispy lady vocals and electronic bloop-bloops.
You really like coffee, except for Starbucks, which is the worst. No wait—Coke is the worst! Unless it’s Mexican Coke, in which case it’s the best.
Pixar. Kitty cats. Uniqlo. Bourbon. Steel-cut oats. Comic books. Obama. Fancy burgers.
You listen to the same five podcasts and read the same seven blogs as all your pals. You stay up late on Twitter making hashtagged jokes about the event that everyone has decided will be the event about which everyone jokes today. You love to send withering @ messages to people like Rush Limbaugh—of course, those notes are not meant for their ostensible recipients, but for your friends, who will chuckle and retweet your savage wit.
You are boring. So, so boring.
- Distance Walked: 2,336 km
- Days Away from Toronto: 46
- Distance Travelled: 61,884 km
- Cities Visited: 7
- Countries Visited: 4
- Continents Visited: 3
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- Wreck-It Ralph
- Much Ado About Nothing
- The Bourne Legacy
- The Amazing Spider-Man
- Ruby Sparks
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Moonrise Kingdom
- John Carter
- The Artist
- Dear Sister
- Of Monsters and Men
- Handel’s Messiah
- Picasso at The AGO
- Frida & Diego at The AGO
- Secrets of The Maya at The ROM
- Louis CK at JFL
- Of Monsters and Men
- The xx
- Mumford & Sons
- Jay Z & Kanye West – Watch the Throne (Deluxe Edition)
- Bon Iver – Bon Iver
- Future Of Forestry – A Film & TV Collection
- fun. – Some Nights
- Active Child – Curtis Lane
- Delivering Happiness by Tony Hseih
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
- Exposing the Magic of Design by Jon Kolko
- Prayers by Michael Quoist
- Visited Africa for the First time
- Started Swimming Lessons
- Went back to Wonderland for the first time in a decade
- Rode the Extreme SkyFlyer
- Jumped off the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas
Hey America, look what we still have!
November 8, 1986 – January 11, 2013
When I’m introspective about the last few years I think the biggest mistake that we made, as a company, is betting too much on HTML5 as opposed to native… because it just wasn’t there. And it’s not that HTML5 is bad. I’m actually, on long-term, really excited about it. One of the things that’s interesting is we actually have more people on a daily basis using mobile Web Facebook than we have using our iOS or Android apps combined. So mobile Web is a big thing for us.